Microsoft has revealed the arrival of Windows Copilotthe virtual assistant that is based on Artificial Intelligence and will soon be available to all Windows 11 users. Thus, Windows becomes the first platform of PC that provides centralized AI assistance for its users.
Together with bingchat and some extensions, now users will be able to bring their ideas to life, thus achieving complex projects and collaborations instead of spending more time searching, launching and working across different platforms or applications. In this way, Microsoft replaces its popular Cortana assistant by applying the artificial intelligence that it has developed in the last year.
Windows will facilitate the user experience through Copilot
As you can see in the tool’s presentation video, users will be able to find and access Windows Copilot easily, as the button will be visible on the taskbar center.
Once open, the AI Sidebar will stay open across all apps, programs and windows, always available to act as personal assistant. It will give each user the power to personalize their settings, as well as seamlessly explore and connect through their favorite apps.
Similarly, “copy and paste,” “Snap Assist,” “crop,” and “personalize” will continue to be available, along with any other platform features, and these tools will be greatly enhanced with Windows Copilot. For example, when you use the “copy and paste” tool, you will not only get the desired result, but also you can ask the AI to rewrite, summarize or explain the content.
«Just like you would with Bing Chat, you can ask Windows Copilot a range of questions from the simple to the complex. If I want to call my family in Cyprus, I can quickly check the local time to make sure I’m not waking them up in the middle of the night. If I want to plan a visit to Cyprus, I can ask Copilot to find flights for my family and accommodation for the winter holidays.«, notes the company through a release.
Thus, among the examples that Microsoft has put in this presentation are simple applications, such as:
- Have a conversational assistant that can help the user to solve doubts about the operation of your devicehow to improve its performance or how to change its settings, applying these changes directly from the wizard.
- Search online with Bing and access the functionalities of ChatGPT
- Apply AI to documents. In one of Copilot’s most anticipated capabilities since its introduction a few weeks ago, Microsoft will allow users to easily drag documents into the wizard’s sidebar, allowing them to run commands on them, such as «explain», «summarize» or «rewrite» texts.
- Use plugins that will allow users to access multiple types of creative tools such as Adobe Express.
- Send messages and attach files directly from the Copilot barthrough communication tools such as Teams
By appearing as a sidebar on your desktop, it is important to note that Copilot will not replace the search bar in Windows 11, since it will have its own button to activate it. Also, being your own virtual assistant, you can ask it to carry out different activities, such as adjusting your settings to be able to concentrate. As with ChatGPT, Copilot’s AI will be able to learn from the different requests you make to it, refining its use to better suit your needs.
Windows Copilot will be available in its test phase starting in June, and will later be available for use by other Windows 11 users.
Stay informed of the most relevant news on our channel Telegram