Streamlabs provides an easy way to stream on twitch, YouTube, Facebook, etc. It is free and open source software.
Once the configuration process is complete, we can start it and get to broadcast live what we are doing. In the vast majority of times it is used for gaming themes.
It provides several very cool features, very much wrapped up with streaming such as viewer count, a donation indicator on your stream, automatic game detection, built-in chat control, and various other things.
Let’s see how to configure this program so that it works as correctly as possible.
How to configure Streamlabs OBS, step by step:
We must download the application and see how it is installed on our computer with Windows 11 or Windows 10, for example.
To achieve this we must do the following:
- The first thing to do is go to the Streamlabs website and click on Discharge to start downloading the application compatible with our operating system.
- Now we open the downloaded file and install the application.
- Once installed, we open the application and log in with Twitch, YouTube, Facebook or any other streaming service compatible with Streamlabs that we want to use.
- Then we select the main microphone, subject and camera to start directly from the setup process.
- Next, we choose between whether we want a free or paid subscription. With prime, you get the option to multi-stream to multiple platforms at once, more themes, apps, etc.
- Now we will access the Streamlabs editor.
We must be aware that before starting a stream, settings such as resolution, frame rate, speed control, bit rate, etc. must be configured.
Something that we are going to tell you right now.
If we use high settings it can cause performance problems on the computer, but if we use low it will ruin the quality of the transmission. This means that it is best to adjust everything according to our hardware.
To make it easier, Streamlabs has a function called automatic optimization which detects your hardware and internet speed and adjusts settings automatically.
To use it, click on the icon cogwheel at the bottom left to open the settings.
in the tab Generalwe go down and click on Run Auto Optimizer to configure everything from video to output settings automatically.
Configure scenes and sources
Although we can stream now, we’d better set up the scenes and sources at the very least, first. For this we are going to open Editor which is in the upper left.
Inside we will see 5 tabs that are Scenes (Scenes), Sources, Mixer (Mixer), Minisource and Visualization.
- We click on the icon + from the Fonts tab.
- we select video capture device.
- We click on Add source, we put the name and then we can select the camera that we want, the FPS, the resolution, the video format, the range of colors, the buffer and the audio output.
- It only remains to give in Close when everything is set up.
The scenes can serve us to have multiple sources at once and not having to deactivate them when we are going to use each one.
By default, Streamlabs creates a scene with sources, which is not to say that we can’t create a new one:
- We click on the + icon of the scenes option.
- We assign a name to the scene and we can now add sources associated with said Scene.
The mixer is used to adjust the desktop audio and microphone.
You just have to click on the gear wheel icon next to Mixer and adjust it however we want.
Here we will have a preview of what will later appear to viewers. By default, it will be black.
But don’t panic, once we add a font, we can click on it and have it show up.
Here what we are going to see is the latest activity what is happening in the transmission.
Activities that have been carried out, such as when someone has subscribed, has donated or will have a super chat, to give you several examples.
Change Streamlabs layout
Something that many users may like is that we can change the design of the editor.
To achieve this we just have to press the button on the layout editor which is represented by four squares.
Here we will find 8 preset layout styles. We simply drag and drop the tabs we want to change the design and put it to our liking.
The topics of the transmission
We can change the topics of our transmission.
The good thing is that when we add a theme, we automatically add some scenes like start, live, be right back, end, offline, etc.
Changing the theme is that easy:
- We click on the icon Topics in the sidebar and then click on Scene.
- We choose one of those that appear on the center page and then click on install theme. As simple as that.
start a stream
- Just click on the option broadcast live In the bottom right.
- We assign a title to the live, a description, a thumbnail, etc. These options will change depending on the service that we are going to broadcast.
- we give in confirm and start. This will start the live stream on your connected account.
How have you been able to read this is a program that is easy to use and, above all, very intuitive.
Now you also know how to configure StreamLabs so that it works as correctly as possible.