It may be that we have the problem that the WiFi option does not appear, something that has been reported by different Windows 11 users.
Any error or disappearance of a basic icon is a real nuisancebut surely some more than others, since there are some of greater and lesser importance, especially because of the relevance they have.
There are several reasons why the wireless signal option in Windows 11 may be failing. Fortunately, we can tell you some steps to solve this issue and make the WiFi work as usual again.
How to fix WiFi disappeared issue in Windows 11:
Internet Connection Troubleshooter
Within Windows 11 we have troubleshooters for quite a few parts of the operating system, including those that are prepared for internet connection issues.
To run the Internet connection troubleshooter, you must do the following:
- We push Win + I to open Setting.
- In the right pane, we scroll down and click on Solve problems.
- we give in Other troubleshooters.
- Click the button Execute for Internet connections.
- Windows will start the troubleshooter and list the problems that Windows can fix.
- Click on Troubleshoot Internet connection. The troubleshooter will scan the system for problems and recommend potential solutions, which we must apply.
Enable WiFi adapter
Windows 11 will not show the WiFi option if the adapter is disabled. We will be able to do it manually in a very simple way:
- We go to the Windows search menu and type Control Panel.
- Click on the match and then go to Network and Internet > Network and Sharing Center.
- Click on Change adapter settings to view all installed network devices in the left pane.
- We right click on the WiFi adapter and select enabled.
- If it’s already enabled, we’re going to run network diagnostics to troubleshoot the driver.
- To do this, click the right button on the WiFi adapter and select To diagnose.
If you recently performed an update, Windows may not have drivers installed. grid most recent.
Another reason to update the driver is that it may be damaged or corrupted. We are going to get it updated in the following way:
- We press the key Win to open Windows search.
- We write device manager and open from the search result.
- In the Device Manager, we expand the section network adapters.
- We right click on ours and select update driver.
- Now we click on Find drivers automatically and follow the instructions.
Windows 11 offers an option to run a network reset. Doing this will remove and reinstall the network adapters. This is what we must do:
- we open the Setting and click on the tab network and internet in the left pane.
- Click on Advanced network settings to see all network devices and the option to network reset.
- Click on reset now to reset it.
- Once the reset is complete it is best to restart your computer.
Check for Windows updates
The last solution that we suggest is to update windowssince there may be a bug in the operating system that Microsoft has detected and there is a direct solution for such a problem.
To check for Windows 11 updates:
- We push Win + I to open Setting.
- We open the tab windows update from the bottom left panel.
- We click on Search for updates. Windows will take a few seconds to check for new updates. If they are available, we download, install and restart the computer.
- Next, we go back to the Windows updates page and click on Advanced Options
- We go down and click on Optional updates.
- We install those that come out to complete all installations.
WiFi can stop working for various reasons, thank goodness we have solutions to make it come back and behave with the same ease as until then.
As you have been able to read, the solutions are very easy to execute. You can tell us which one came best for you on our social networks.