With the ever-increasing attack surface, organizations face an increasing challenge to protect against credential stuffing attacks and DDoS attacks, which can cause interruptions and collapses in business services.
According to the most recent report of Akamai about the state of the Internet, the financial sector is one of the most affected. Therefore, it has introduced Managed Security Services, an updated program of managed security services and premium service offerings.
“Businesses around the world are having trouble defending themselves against sophisticated cybercriminals determined to wreak havoc and hinder business continuity. To meet the growing needs of our customers, we have enhanced our managed security service and premium offerings,” said Roger Barranco, Akamai’s vice president of support services.
Akamai Managed Security Services
The new service aims to help customers continuously protect their businesses against the most sophisticated attacks, with proactive monitoring and rapid response in the event of a cyber attack.
There is also a premium version available for customers looking for personalized support and priority escalation paths. In this way, with Managed Security Services, customers will enjoy new advantages such as:
- Access to more Akamai experts: Hours of technical advice and support are included at no additional cost
- Same price. More value: The Akamai Managed Security Service base package pricing remains the same. Price has been reduced for any App & API Protector managed policy with additional Advanced Security Management (AAP/ASM), Bot Manager Premier (BMP) managed endpoint, and Page Integrity (PI) managed configuration
- Further assistance: Included after-hours setup assistance, Akamai University seats, and quarterly customer business reviews
The objective of this design is to provide personalized customer service and ensure that your query is handled quickly and efficiently, prioritizing its referral or escalation if necessary. In this way, they include:
- Nominated resources: Clients will have 24/7 access to SOCC experts with client-specific information for better results and coordination
- Greater communication: Proactive communication by SOCC experts
- Reviews: Regular reviews with Akamai SOCC experts to collaborate and share information
- Quality supervision: Customers will have access to enhanced site monitoring and a customer-specific Security Incident and Event Management (SIEM) view in the SOCC dashboard
- Faster referrals: Customers will have immediate access to Akamai experts and a faster escalation or escalation path in SOCC management