If anything is behind us, it’s the days when we had to change the time on most of the devices we have at home.
In these times, as almost all devices are connected to the Internet, they are in charge of detecting themselves automatically the local time zone and are set to the one that is correct.
The same happens with Android devices or iPhone terminals, which are capable of having the correct time at all times.
Anyway, there can always be some kind of glitch and make the statement in the previous paragraph not come true. A software bug or other issues can cause our smartphone to display the wrong time.
As with many configurations, users have the freedom to switch manually the hour presented by their devices, which is useful when, for example, they travel to a different time zone.
We are going to base ourselves on this to fix the problems that can be had in Android or iOS with the time.
Why does the phone display the wrong time?
If we have problems with the fact that the phone shows the wrong time, despite having the function of automatic time zone and of Set time automaticallyIt will make you know the possible causes.
There can be quite a few options like that an app It is the one that is changing the time for some reason, although this usually happens if the phone is Android and it is rooted, since on an iPhone it is less likely.
It can also be due to operating system bug introduced by an update of the device, in which case we will have to wait for a patch with the correction to be released.
Another reason would be that there was some kind of problem that originates with our wireless service provider that is causing the phone to change the time.
How to fix the time on an Android phone
The easiest way to try to get everything back to normal is to reboot the phonesince many times it is due to a specific error and with that simple gesture it would be solved.
If not, we have another way to get the time correct, and from there, everything works as it should.
It requires a series of very simple steps that you should know. You have to do the following:
- We are going to settings operating system
- Now we must find where it says Date and Time and press. In some Android terminals, Date and time is within System.
- If we have activated the option set time automatically and even so the time is not correct, we must deactivate it and click on Hour to place it manually.
- If we didn’t have the tab set time automatically activated, then it would be necessary to activate it to solve the problem.
How to fix the time on an iPhone
We are in the same case that we were talking about with Android. This error is fixed many times if turn off and turn on again the Iphone.
If not, then we must perform these steps:
- We came in settings and then we scroll down until we click on Privacy & Security.
- Now we go to Location and deactivate Location.
- Then we go back to settings and we are going to General.
- Inside we click on Date and Time.
- If we don’t have the option auto adjust active, then we press, since that may be the reason that the time is wrong.
- If it is active, but we have the wrong time, then we must deactivate it.
- Once deactivated we press Time zone and we will see how the day opens first and then at the bottom right, is the time. If we click on the time it will let us configure it so that we finally have what it really is.
As you have seen, it is extremely easy to fix this problem on both Android and iPhone and therefore the ipads also.
It is difficult to know exactly, unless something is disabled, because the time of a smartphone fails, but at least now we know how we have to act.