The fact that in Windows there are multiple accounts so that different people can connect is something extremely positive and that helps to have an organized operating system and to the taste of each user.
this way it is much easier to share a computer between several people without anyone stepping on anyone or being able to delete anything by accident.
But there may come a time when we no longer need so many open accounts and it is necessary to delete those that we know are not going to be used anymore.
Well, to delete accounts in Windows 11 there are several methods that we are going to show you right now so that you can choose the one that best suits you.
How to delete a Windows 11 user account, step by step:
Using the Settings
This is the preferred method to delete a user account in Windows 11, since it is also the most visual and simple a priori.
The steps are the following:
- we open the Setting Windows (Win + I)
- In the panel on the left side, we click on accounts.
- Now we click on Other users to view a list of accounts on your PC.
- We click on the account we want to delete, and then click on Eliminate next to Account and data
- We confirm the deletion of the account and all associated data will be deleted.
Using the Control Panel
If you are a classic and you like to use the Control Panel, you will be able to carry out this same task with it.
This is what you should do:
- we open the control Panel (we can use the search bar in the Start menu to find it).
- We click on User account.
- Now it is the turn of remove user accounts.
- We will see a list of all accounts on the PC. Now all that remains is to click on Eliminateand then choose delete account on the next page.
- It will ask us if we want to keep the files associated with the account. we choose delete files to remove all or keep files to save them to the current user’s desktop.
- the last thing is Delete account to confirm the deletion.
With Windows Terminal (Windows PowerShell)
We may prefer to use a command line to remove a user account. Well, we have at our disposal Windows PowerShell (Windows Terminal) to perform this task.
To delete a user account with Windows Terminal / PowerShell, we must perform these steps:
- We start Windows Terminal as administrator, doing right click on the start menu and choose Windows Terminal (Admin).
- To see all user accounts on the PC, we type get-localuser and we press Enter.
- Once we know the account that we want to delete, it is time to put this; Remove-LocalUser -Name USERNAME .
- Remember that you must replace USERNAME with the name of the account that you are going to delete.
There are still a couple of additional ways to delete a user account.
One of them is the following:
- Right-click on the Start menu icon and select Team management.
- In the panel on the left side, we select Local users and groupsthen we open the folder users which is inside.
- Right click on the account we want to delete and select from the dropdown Eliminate.
The User Accounts Dialog
The last method that we are going to show you will be achieved with the User Accounts dialog.
It is not exactly a very intuitive method to get there, although it is not complicated. This is how it is done:
- Open the Start menu and search netplwizand then press on the Enter and so on to open the dialog User account.
- Click on the account we want to remove from the list, then click on Eliminate.
- we give in Yeah in the confirmation message, then click on Accept in the User Accounts window to confirm the changes.
Now you know a wide range of methods to delete an account that you have on your computer that is not used and you want it to be gone.
You can choose between any of the ways to delete accounts in Windows 11 that we have taught you. Tell us which one is your favorite on our social networks.