If you want to know how you should clean your mobile so that it looks almost like new again, you should read this article, since it will interest you.
Keeping your mobile phone as clean as possible is a commendable ability, which not everyone has, either due to lack of time or because they really do not have the knowledge to perform this task effectively.
As we have already told you, your mobile is one of the largest nests of bacteria that you have on hand. In fact, in 2017 Germs magazine analyzed 27 phones owned by teens and found that the screens housed a huge amount of viruses and bacteria. But don’t be alarmed, because phones are not considered to transmit disease.
In a statement from Carolyn Forcedirector of the Cleaning Products and Appliances Laboratory at the Good Housekeeping Institute, states that “never spray anything directly on the phone and avoid over saturating it as you don’t want your phone to get wet. That is, not cleaning the phone is as bad as smearing it excessively.
How to clean the mobile without damaging it:
How to clean and disinfect the mobile
You are going to read what is the best way you have to clean mobile devices. It is extremely easy to have it well cleaned and disinfected.
This is what you should do:
- The first thing is turn off the mobile.
- Start by gently cleaning the outside of the phone. with a microfiber cloth clean to remove stains and dirt. With this action you do not kill the germs, but you lift them from the surface. Using microfiber is better than a washcloth, as the fibers have more surface area to trap dirt and grease.
- Now is the time to grab one disinfectant wipe that is specific for electronic products, since they will effectively neutralize leftover germs.
- You must go cleaning the entire surface of the phone, avoiding the ports.
- let the phone it dries for at least 5 minutes.
- Now you take a microfiber cloth and wipe away any remaining moisture have the mobile. Do not use the same cloth that you have used before, but a new one or at least one that is clean.
- Finally, clean the phone case.
- Repeat the same process with the your phone casekeeping in mind that you can use more astringent cleaners, since most phone cases are made of plastic.
- It is not recommended that you use bleach on accessories that contain fabric or leather surfaces.
All this can be completed with a disinfection deviceproducts that became very fashionable during the pandemic that occurred a few years ago.
These devices can help disinfect the phone to a greater extent, since some manage to eliminate 99% of the bacteria on the mobile, even serving to perform the same action with the cover or the accessories themselves.
How often do you have to clean the mobile?
The truth is that it may seem a bit exaggerated, but many experts consider that the frequency of cleaning our mobile must be dailythat is, you should wipe it with a clean microfiber cloth often.
I do not mean that you have to do an exhaustive cleaning like the one you have read before, but that you have a cloth on hand and wipe it daily.
What is a more in-depth cleaning (like the one you have read before) should be done once a weekespecially in the colder months, where there are even experts who recommend doing it twice a week.
For many, the fact of having to clean the phone daily is something practically impossible and highly unlikely, so a good option would be to take advantage of ultraviolet light to check if it needs to be cleaned or if it still holds.
How to keep your phone clean
Even if you take the time to clean your phone regularly, you can still be exposed to germs and bacteria from bad habits you have yourself.
There are tips for minimizing phone exposure and situations where you should keep your phone securely in your pocket.
- clean hands: the fact of having the hands as clean as possible will determine the number of bacteria or germs, since it is the main contact of the mobile.
- Public transport: If you can, it’s best to avoid using your phone while traveling on public transport, as the germs you come in contact with can easily end up on your phone’s screen. The ideal time to use your phone on the train, bus or subway is when you are sitting down.
- out of the bathroom: It is quite normal to take the phone to the bathroom to use it to the detriment of the magazines of a lifetime. You should wash your hands before and after going to the toilet, something normal, but it also affects the cleaning of the mobile itself. There is plenty of research showing just how many harmful germs lurk in bathrooms in general, making it easy for them to end up on your screen or cabinet.
- In the kitchen: mobile phones can be a great ally for cooking, since, thanks to recipe apps, we can see how any meal is made, even offering the option of using the smartphone’s speaker to indicate the steps. The bad thing is that this room in the house is not good at all if you want to take care of the bacteria terminal, since you can find quite a few. If you are going to use it anyway, it is best to wash your hands, if you are going to touch the screen, and clean it after you are finished.
- The gym: Placing your phone on an armband or securely in a pocket is a much better option than letting it sit on top of your workout gear, as, as you’ve probably guessed, they’re a hotspot for a fair amount of germs and bacteria.
With everything you have just read, you already have the knowledge to clean your mobile in the most correct and effective way possible.
In addition, you now know how often to perform this cleaning task, also knowing situations and tips where you should try to maintain certain precautions to keep your mobile as clean as possible.