Crossfade, a new function that comes from the hand of iOS 17 for Apple Music. From the beginning of the song to the end, it offers us the possibility of enjoying an improved musical experience, more immersive and without pauses.
What is Crossfade?
You may be familiar with this term, as other music apps like Spotify They added it some time ago. Crossfade is a musical function consisting of overlap the end of one song with the start of the next, creating a smooth, seamless transition between them. Instead of one song ending at once and the next starting after a few seconds, Crossfade allows the two to blend together for an adjustable period of time, providing a better music experience that’s continuous and uninterrupted.
whatHow to set Crossfade in Apple Music?
Activating the Crossfade option on the iPhone for Apple Music is very simple. You just have to follow these steps:
- Open the app Settings on the iPhone and select the option Music.
- Look for the option Crossfade in the Audio section.
- Make sure you have the option to Crossfade activated.
- Once you have enabled this option, a slider will appear allowing you to select the length of the crossfade, from 1 to 12 seconds.
The Advantages of Crossfade
The Crossfade feature transforms the way we enjoy our music. By removing silences between songs and creating smoother, more fluid transitions we get to enjoy a much richer musical experience. This creates a unique musical atmosphere, especially when listening to playlists or entire albums, as songs merge into each other at the end and start again.
It is also very useful for smoothing out all those more abrupt transitions that can occur between songs that have different tones, rhythms or genres, significantly improving the musical experience. In addition, by being able to adjust the duration of the crossfade from the iPhone settings and the Music App, users have greater control and customization capacity, which is appreciated.
Apple Music keeps getting better
The Apple Music platform continues to improve day by day. Crossfade It is further proof that Apple is still waiting to add features that can improve the experience of users when listening to their favorite songs. In addition, we must add other additions in recent years with very important characteristics:
- Dolby Atmos: An audio technology that allows us to experience music in an enveloping and multidimensional way.
- Lossless Audio: Also known as “Lossles Audio”, a form of audio encoding that converts all original track information and sound quality as it was recorded in the studio.
- Spatial Audio: One more very important feature that combines Dolby Atmos technology with advanced algorithms to create a super immersive 3D experience for the user. The sound becomes truly enveloping thanks to this function