Any Windows computer must be updated to its latest version so that everything works correctly and all possible errors are resolved.
It is clear that updates are a fundamental part on any computer, phone or tablet, but not only these, but any electronic device that can receive them. It is always convenient that it is fully updated.
In the case of the DirectX the truth is that having them up to the latest version guarantees that you can run the latest and greatest games on your PC.
It also improves the experience of viewing multimedia on the computer. Today we are going to show you how we can update DirectX on our Windows 11 device.
Why update DirectX and how to do it, step by step:
What are DirectX?
The DirectX are a series of resources of application programming (APIs) developed by Microsoft for Windows, whose objective is to help the development of multimedia content, especially games, so that they can work with the highest possible performance.
Thanks to DirectX games will be more optimizedso we can play them in a much more natural and fluid way, so the fact of having them updated every time makes more sense.
Why do you have to update them?
The main reason to update DirectX is quite clear after reading what we have in this article, since they are going to allow us a improve on experience on our computer and specifically our Windows 11 PC games.
can be expected improvements in FPS and animations in your games, resolution of possible graphics related issues and you can even improve your experience in things like look videos.
It is also possible that a DirectX update could improve the Windows operating system itself, especially if there are graphics-related issues.
As of February 2023, the latest version of DirectX is 12. Older versions include DirectX 11, 10, 9, and 8, but Windows 11 always comes with DirectX 12 pre-installed.
Check the version we have in Windows 11
Before updating it is good to know what version we currently have on our computer.
It is an extremely simple process in which you just have to do the following:
- To do that, first, we open the Run box by pressing Windows+R.
- Then we write dxdiag and press the key Enter (or click on Accept).
- Now we will see the window of the DirectX Diagnostic Tool.
- At the top, we select the tab System.
- We will see a section of System information. here next to DirectX versionwe will see the current version installed on your PC.
Get the latest version of DirectX
All DirectX updates reach our computer through windows update.
Since there’s no way to download a DirectX update outside of that part of Windows, we’re going to look there directly.
The steps are very simple:
- To get started, we open the Settings app by pressing Windows + I.
- Then, in the left sidebar, we select windows update.
- In the right panel, at the top, we click on Search for updates.
- We download and install available Windows updates. This will also update your version of DirectX if a newer version is available.
- Once the update is complete, we will already be running the latest version of DirectX on the computer if it has been updated.
- Hence the importance of installing everything that comes out in Windows Update.
With everything you have just read, you already know better what the DirectX that the OS.
In addition, you now know how to keep up-to-date with such necessary resources as DirectX on your Windows 11 computer.