If you notice that there are errors with capital letters when you type in Windows 11, then it may be due to a failure in blocking this type of typing.
It may be that you see that the caps lock is disabled, but everything you write is seen with them active and that, at the moment of activating it, the letters become lowercase.
Errors like this have been detected in Windows 11, something that is extremely annoying and frustrating at times.
In our eagerness to help you, we are going to tell you possible solutions to this problem that we can carry out so that it stops happening to you.
Fix Caps Lock malfunction in Windows 11:
It may be that the key has stuck when pressed or that we have hit it a little hard and it has sunk in one part. We must check that has a flat position and is not excessively rigid when pressed.
if the key has built-in light, this may be a sign of how it is working. That is to say, if it remains fixed, even if we press it, it means that there is a jam.
To repair a stuck key, it is best to press it repeatedly and see if that helps. Alternatively, we can try take it out and remove the dirt that you might have inside.
we must also check the wire connection method of the keyboard or the Bluetooth system of the device if it is wireless.
If our keyboard is wireless and does not work, it is best to re-sync it.
Windows has a solver system that can work for almost all parts of the operating system and associated hardware.
The steps we must follow are these:
- We push Win + I to open the Setting of the system.
- We click on Solve problems.
- we select Other problem solvers.
- We click on the option Keyboard and we press the button Execute.
Update or reinstall drivers
The caps lock issue can be caused by keyboard drivers being corrupted or having some kind of bug.
To solve it we must perform these steps:
- Right-click on the symbol of the menu Start and choose Device administrator.
- Double click on the option Keyboards to expand it.
- Now a right click on the keyboard controller, and then click on update drivers.
- After that we click on Find drivers automatically and follow the instructions.
DISM and SFC tools
If the problem is due to system errors or damaged files, DISM and SFC tools will help us.
Let’s start with a DISM scan, as follows:
- We wrote Symbol of the system in the search bar of the Start menu, to then select the best match, but in mode Administrator.
- Once inside we write the following: DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
- we press Enter.
- then we write DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
- we press again Enter.
We wait for the process to complete and then we restart the computer.
Now we run an SFC scan by following these steps:
- In the Command Prompt we write sfc /scannow
- then we press Enter and we wait.
Windows built-in security tools
If the problem is due to system errors, built-in security tools might also help.
This is what we should do:
- press Win + I to open System Settings.
- select Privacy & Security.
- Then we click Windows Security.
- We give in the option Protection against viruses and threats.
- Now we click on exam options in the middle panel.
- We choose the option full scan and then we click on the button scan now.
If we continue with the problem, we can check if we have any update of the OSsince, if it is a general problem, maybe it will be solved with what Microsoft has sent.
You have to do the following:
- we press the keys Win + I and we entered the Setting.
- On the right side of the image we will see a place at the bottom where it says windows update.
- Once inside Windows Update, all that remains is to click on Search for updates and if there are, execute them.
system restore point
The last option we have is to use a restore point in which we know that the problem did not occur. That is, go back to the Windows of the day where we did not have this problem.
This is something that we must have activated beforehand, but if so, we can take advantage of it in the following way:
- We wrote control Panel in the Start menu search bar and activate it.
- Click on the dropdown menu See for (top right) and select Small icons.
- we give in Recovery.
- Now we click on Open restore Sistem.
- In the tab that appears, click Choose another restore point and click Following.
- Then we select the one that interests us the most by date and click on Following for me to restore
How could you read we have multiple ways to fix the problem with caps lock.
Windows 11 gives us many opportunities in this sense, so surely the problem will disappear.