All the news that are included with the advent of channels on WhatsApp.
The next big thing that will be available on WhatsApp in the coming months are the channelsor newsletters as they were previously known, and which will basically allow a large set of users to follow a particular account on a certain topic that might interest them.
Forget annoying group chats with hundreds and hundreds of messages about your favorite topics, because it is likely that you will be more interested in the channels that are in preparation for WhatsAppand the latest beta version for Android, specifically 22.214.171.124, talks about several functions for channels that you will love to know about.
According to reports from wabetainfochannels will give users more privacy, as phone numbers are never visible to followers or the channel creator.
In addition, some features of the channels for WhatsApp have been gathered, which you should know, ranging from the interface, on the subject of followers, privacy, security and much more.
Everything you need to know about WhatsApp channels: interface, privacy, followers and more
The characteristics that define the channels:
- As we said, you should not worry about your privacy, once you join future WhatsApp channels, because your phone number will not be visible, neither to the creator of the channel, nor to the rest of the followers.
- The interface is important, since the channels will adopt a full-width messaging interface.
- The channels are also verified, with the relevant green verification marks, in a verification process that has not yet been announced.
- When you search the channels, the approximate number of followers will appear so that you know if it is a popular channel or not.
- Once you’ve joined the channel, you’ll be able to see the actual follower count which can be found on the channel’s own info screen.
- We will have a button to mute notifications, so that the messages received from the channels do not bother us, and it will be easily accessible through a mute shortcut inside the channel header.
- Different shortcuts will be enabled, specifically three, to improve the user experience while browsing the channel information screen.
- We will have a description of the channel that will be displayed on the information screen of the channel.
- There will also be a visibility state, since a channel can be configured as public or private.
- And finally we talk about reports, that is, a way to inform the channel’s moderation team of some circumstance with it.
As you can see, WhatsApp is working on a feature that will be one of the most important for the coming months, something that will first be implemented in beta to finally reach the public, and we’ll see if this year.