In a recent report, KPMG Costa Rica holds that companies are currently spending 5% of their budgets to adopt technologies like the metaverse; however, integrating it requires prior investment in information technology (IT) infrastructure.
In its report “Do you want to win in the metaverse?”, KPMG Costa Rica maintains that Augmented Reality, Virtual Reality and digital twins are modifying the way of consuming, working and socializing in the metaverse. On the other hand, the report exposes that companies still do not feel prepared for the metaverse, since they lack all the technological infrastructure to implement it.
“Two-thirds of executives surveyed agree that recruiting talent such as developers, creatives, and M&A are a high priority. For that reason, 55% are trying to hire new staff with the right experience, and 51% are investing in critical infrastructure to support their metaverse initiatives.”
Recently, the representative of the Progressive Liberal Party of Costa Rica, Johana Obando, discussed with Meta executives the potential of the metaverse in the country’s economy, its interoperability, portability, and the technologies it would require to operate in more industries.
Congressmen from Costa Rica admit that there are great challenges to adopting the technology, starting with the expansion of 5G technology, and they even agreed that there is a lack of talent, among other connectivity challenges in the country.
For KPMG Costa Rica, any change to adopt the metaverse has a considerable cost and among the considerable uses would be: 60% to create digital twins, 56% for multiplayer video games and 63% for experiences in the metaverse. Therefore, he suggests that companies think about the metaverse as a long-term plan.
In a recent survey on the metaverse, KPMG Costa Rica concludes aspects such as:
- Less than half are interested in doing meetings in the metaverse.
- 53% of the companies surveyed are already investing in personnel.
- Executives expect that 40% of their investment in the metaverse will go to marketing.
- 57% are already using Augmented Reality and 48% Mixed Reality.
- 61% believe that by using the metaverse they will earn more revenue.
BeInCrypto reported in April that more and more women are making their way into the field of virtual reality and AI. In the case of Costa Rica, this is true, including unconventional areas like the metaverse. Among others, artificial intelligence, video games and web and application development.
Data from MICITT. (Ministry of Science, Innovation, Technology and Telecommunications) revealed that only 30% of STEM careers are held by women. On the other hand, 70% of them are occupied by men.
Disclaimer: In compliance with Trust Project guidelines, BeInCrypto is committed to providing fair and transparent reporting. This news article is intended to provide accurate and timely information. However, readers are advised to independently verify the facts and consult a professional before making any decisions based on this content.