WatchGuard has introduced AuthPoint Total Identity Security, a complete bundle that combines award-winning multi-factor authentication (MFA) AuthPoint with dark web credential monitoring capabilities and a corporate password manager.
The introduction of this new product, along with the risk-based zero trust policies of WatchGuard’s Unified Security Platform architecture, enables managed service providers (MSPs) to deliver optimal modern cybersecurity from WatchGuard Cloud.
“Stolen or leaked credentials are the leading cause of data breaches, yet passwords remain the most common method of user authentication for organizations,” says Carla Roncato, WatchGuard’s vice president of Identity.
AuthPoint Total Identity Security
AuthPoint Total Identity Security enables MSPs to offer their customers credential monitoring, on-demand proactive dark web exposure alerts, and password management to reduce credential compromise issues with an all-in-one mobile authentication app for iOS and Android.
The main features of AuthPoint Total Identity Security include:
- AuthPoint MFA Service. Delivered via WatchGuard Cloud, AuthPoint MFA makes it easy to configure and manage offline and online verification methods and access policies across endpoints, VPNs, and web applications, as well as configure single sign-on application portals across multiple client deployments
- Dark Web Monitoring Service. AuthPoint’s on-demand dark web monitoring service notifies clients when compromised credentials from up to three monitored domains are found in newly acquired credential breach databases. Alerts are sent to affected administrators and end users so they can generate new passwords quickly and before an account takeover occurs
The company’s new AuthPoint Total Identity Security solution adds advanced password management and dark web monitoring features to help protect corporate credentials
- Password manager. Designed with enterprise use cases in mind, AuthPoint’s Corporate Password Manager sets a higher standard for passwords and helps reduce the frequency of password reset requests. There is no need to remember passwords as they are securely stored in the vault and protected by each user’s complex and unique password, ensuring that only they can decrypt and access the credentials they contain. When users need to access their apps, they can retrieve their passwords using the AuthPoint mobile app for iOS and Android and/or the credentials autofill browser extension for a smoother overall single sign-on experience. Provides:
- Corporate Deposit – Add credentials and generate strong passwords for commonly used workplace applications where SSO is not enabled. In addition, administrators can share credentials for common use of an application.
- Private Deposit – Add credentials and generate strong passwords for personal and social apps. If the employee leaves the organization, these personal credentials can be exported and imported into the password manager