It may be that an application that you really liked is no longer compatible with the new Windows 11. At first there should be no trauma, since, thanks to the compatibility modeold programs can be made to work without problems automatically and easily.
However, you may still have compatibility issues. Well, you shouldn’t worry, since Windows has an ideal tool for you.
This feature built into Windows allows you to diagnose and fix errors and incompatibilities.
Is called Program Compatibility Troubleshooter and right now we are going to show you the different ways you can start it.
Index of contents:
This is the easiest way of all to run the Program Compatibility Troubleshooter in Windows.
All we have to do is click on the application with the right button and then click on show more options.
Then, once the contextual menu is expanded, all you have to do is select Fix compatibility issues.
The troubleshooting page
In windows we have a specific page for the Problem solverwhich we can take advantage of to get the incompatibility resolved.
The steps that we must carry out are the following:
- we press the keys Win + I and so it will open System configuration.
- then within Systemwe will see how on the right side is troubleshootwhere we must press.
- Now we go down until we click on Other troubleshooters.
- Within the Others section, we go down and look for Compatibility Troubleshooters with programs, and then click on Execute (right side).
Using the Control Panel
Another way to start the Program Compatibility Troubleshooter It is through the Control Panel.
To perform this action, you must follow these steps:
- We push Win+S to open Windows Search.
- We wrote control Panel in the search box and then click on the option that is launched.
- Once inside the Control Panel, we are going to Troubleshoot equipment and inside we click on Programs.
- Now we click on Troubleshooting program compatibility.
- Click on Following and then we select the program with which we have problems. From there you will start working on fixing it.
If you are a regular user of the Program Compatibility Troubleshooter, it would be a brilliant idea to add it to your desktop so that you have it handy at all times.
Well, for this to become a reality we must:
- Right-click an empty space on the desktop, and then click New > Shortcut to start the wizard Create Shortcut.
- Then we must write this command in the text box of the assistant: %systemroot%\system32\msdt.exe -id PCWDiagnostic
- Click on Following.
- At the moment we assign a name to the shortcut that can be Program Compatibility Troubleshooter, then click on Finish and so add the shortcut to our desktop.
- Now, when we click on this shortcut, the Program Compatibility Troubleshooter will start automatically.
These are the ways we have right now run the Program Compatibility Troubleshooter.
It is a tool of the new Windows 11 that is really useful to know how we can use it, since it may be more necessary than it may seem at first.